As most of you know, Mike McClure has a jam session at the North Mountain Visitors Center on the 4th Saturday of every month from 9:00 to 11:30 a.m. After talking with Mike last week, we have decided it’s in the best interest of both our Jams to combine them together – strength in numbers! Our jam sessions are very similar and focus on Old Time music, so it just makes sense to have one combined meeting.
Therefore, starting in January, our dulcimer jam session on the 2nd Sunday of every month will no longer meet and instead will combine with Mike’s Phoenix Old Time Traditional Music Jam. Nothing really changes for either group and many of you enjoy music with both jams. Here are the details of the date and time:
January 27th (and we will also be meeting on December 23rd if your schedule permits)9:00 – 11:30am
North Mountain Visitors Center
12950 North 7th Street,
Phoenix, AZ 85022
Remember, this is a permanent change. Our jam session will now be the 4th Saturday of every month from 9:00 – 11:30 am. Nothing else changes except more people, more music and more fun!
Thanks for all your love and support throughout the years and we look forward to many more together!
Steve and Debbie
* * * * DULCIMER DOINGS FOR 2017! * * * *
Here is a great Youtube TEDed video about how to read music.
* * * * *
Here are some great upcoming dulcimer events in the Phoenix area:
- October 7th and 8th – Prescott 39th Annual Folk Music Festival. Come join us in Prescott for a weekend of great music, fun and friendship. Our group, High Strung, will be performing. Click here for more information about this wonderful festival!
- December 6th – Come celebrate the Holiday Season with us at the Glendale Foothills Library Acoustic Coffeehouse. Our group, High Strung, will be performing a selection of Holiday tunes from around the world. Music starts at 6:30pm…click here for more information.
- December 8th – Acker Night, Prescott Arizona. Join in the Holiday spirit as the City of Prescott hosts Acker Night. This is a wonderful opportunity to help promote music and the arts for youth in Prescott and to honor the legacy of James S. Acker and his true spirit of giving. Click here for more information.
- December 16 – North Mountain Visitors Center. Join our group, High Strung, for some holiday and old time music at this wonderful venue with panoramic views of the Sonoran desert. We will be performing from 9:00am to 11:00am in the main atrium. Click here for more information.
* * * * *
“It’s not an instrumental, it’s a song without words”. Quote from David Schnaufer when preparing to perform a song he wrote called “When Silence Was Golden”.
* * * * *