We are excited to announce that our Jam Session location will permanently be moving to the North Mountain Visitors Center. The time will change to 10:00am to 11:30am and the date will remain the 2nd Sunday of the month.
This is an exciting move for our group and the good folks at the Visitors Center can provide us a great, scenic venue, more room for participants, lots of parking and great amenities for everyone. To recap:
* This is a permanent move (only about 1/2 mile North from the Pointe where we were meeting)
* Address is – 12950 North 7th Street, 85022
* Jam remains the 2nd Sunday of every month…September 10th this month
* Time permanently changes – 10:00am to 11:30am
Hope to see everyone this Sunday at the North Mountain Visitors Center at 10:00am…spread the word!
Steve and Debbie Kenny
* * * * DULCIMER DOINGS FOR 2017! * * * *
Here is a great Youtube TEDed video about how to read music.
* * * * *
Here are some great upcoming dulcimer events in the Phoenix area:
- October 7th and 8th – Prescott 39th Annual Folk Music Festival. Come join us in Prescott for a weekend of great music, fun and friendship. Our group, High Strung, will be performing. Click here for more information about this wonderful festival!
- December 6th – Come celebrate the Holiday Season with us at the Glendale Foothills Library Acoustic Coffeehouse. Our group, High Strung, will be performing a selection of Holiday tunes from around the world. Music starts at 6:30pm…click here for more information.
- December 8th – Acker Night, Prescott Arizona. Join in the Holiday spirit as the City of Prescott hosts Acker Night. This is a wonderful opportunity to help promote music and the arts for youth in Prescott and to honor the legacy of James S. Acker and his true spirit of giving. Click here for more information.
- December 16 – North Mountain Visitors Center. Join our group, High Strung, for some holiday and old time music at this wonderful venue with panoramic views of the Sonoran desert. We will be performing from 9:00am to 11:00am in the main atrium. Click here for more information.
* * * * *
“It’s not an instrumental, it’s a song without words”. Quote from David Schnaufer when preparing to perform a song he wrote called “When Silence Was Golden”.
* * * * *